Snow Crab Salad
Proof + Pantry - Dallas
For crab salad:
- 6 ounces (2/3 cup) snow crab, chilled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chives (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon truffle oil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley (finely chopped)
- Lemon juice
For avocado mousse:
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
Combine crab, mayonnaise, chives, truffle oil, and parsley. Sesason with lemon juice and salt to taste. Set aside.
To make the mousse, combine avocado, crème fraiche, olive oil, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
To serve, spoon mousse onto 2 plates. Use a ring mold to form the salad in the middle of each plate, on top of the mousse. Garnish with chive sticks, parsley leaves and celery leaves.