From hometown secret recipes to dynamic local dining scenes, this nation is brimming with delicious dishes you’d need a whole lifetime to explore. Fortunately, JBF is on the case, hitting the road and stopping in ten of the country’s top culinary destinations for our fifth annual Taste America® national gastronomic tour.
Taste America Honorary All-Star and multiple James Beard Award winner Thomas Keller officially kicked things off in New York City on August 2 with a festive reception at the James Beard House. Starting this fall, we’ll be crisscrossing the country, making stops in Austin, Boston, Chicago, Kansas City, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Seattle.
Each city’s dynamic, weekend-long program will feature a one-of-a-kind benefit dinner prepared by a traveling Taste America All-Star, a Local Star chef, and a pastry chef. Our Taste America programming will also include free in-store events at select Sur La Table® locations, featuring celebrity chef appearances, cooking demonstrations, book signings, tastings from local producers and artisans, and more.
Take a peek at our 2017 Taste America calendar:
- September 22-23
- Phoenix: All-Star Traci Des Jardins*; Local Star Nobuo Fukuda*
- October 6-7
- Los Angeles: All-Star Barbara Lynch*; Local Star Michael Cimarusti**
- New Orleans: All-Star Rocco DiSpirito; Local Star Rebecca Wilcomb*
- October 13-14
- Philadelphia: All-Star Marc Murphy*; Local Star Greg Vernick*
- Seattle: All-Star Ashley Christensen*; Local Star Matt Dillon*
- October 27-28
- Chicago: All-Star Michael Voltaggio; Local Star Stephanie Izard*
- San Francisco: All-Star Hugh Acheson*; Local Stars Stuart Brioza* & Nicole Krasinski*
- November 3-4
- Austin: All-Star Ludo Lefebvre**; Local Star Tyson Cole*
- Boston: All-Star Daniel Boulud*; Local Star Karen Akunowicz**
- November 10-11
- Kansas City: All-Star Tony Mantuano*; Local Star Debbie Gold*
*Notes James Beard Award winner
**Notes James Beard Award nominee