Here’s a taste of what’s on tap this weekend at the Beard House.
Saturday, June 18
Georgia Grown, 7:00 P.M.
Holly Chute, Georgia Grown, Georgia Dept of Agriculture, Atlanta / Derek Dollar, Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails, Alpharetta, GA; and the Big Ketch Saltwater Grill, Roswell, GA / Seth Freedman, PeachDish, Atlanta / Dave Larkworthy, 5 Seasons Brewing Company, Alpharetta; Atlanta; and Sandy Springs, GA / Doug Turbush, Drift Fish House & Oyster Bar, Seed Kitchen + Bar, and Stem Wine Bar, Marietta, GA / Kathleen McDaniel, Murphy’s, Atlanta / Gil Kulers, Piedmont Driving Club , Atlanta
Celebrate the start of summer with Southern hospitality as lauded chef Holly Chute returns to the Beard House with a new team of local comrades. The Georgia-grown menu will showcase the Peach State’s agricultural bounty and the culinary talents of its great chefs. Expect stand-out dishes like Coca-Cola–Cured Frenched Georgia Quail with Thirteenth Colony Distilleries Bourbon–Mayhaw Gastrique and Cured Quail Egg; Georgia Mountain Trout with Field Pea Succotash, Roasted Lemon Vinaigrette, and Mushroom Confit; and Brown Butter–Pecan Cake with Smoked Peaches and Pecan Crisp.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Pickled Georgia Shrimp with Lemon Mayonnaise on Heirloom Rye Toasts
- Many Fold Farm Peekville Tomme Reserve Cheese with Strawberries and Roasted Peanuts
- Coca-Cola–Cured Frenched Georgia Quail with Thirteenth Colony Distilleries Bourbon–Mayhaw Gastrique and Cured Quail Egg
- Bourbon–Braised Pork Belly Tacos with Green Tomato Chowchow and Radishes
- Grilled Watermelon with Smith Family Dairy Farm Silly Goat Feta, Georgia Blueberry Balsamic, and Micro–Basil
- The 4th Vesper > Old 4th Distillery Vodka and Gin with Habersham Vineyards & Winery White Muscadine
- Three Taverns Brewery White Hops White IPA
- Wild Georgia Shrimp with Sweet Corn Three Ways > Timbale, Creamy Gouda Grits, and Crispy Corn with Red Pepper Coulis
- Wolf Mountain Vineyards & Winery Private Reserve Cuvée Brut 2013
- Georgia Mountain Trout with Field Pea Succotash, Roasted Lemon Vinaigrette, and Mushroom Confit
- Frogtown Marsanne 2014
- Herbed Springer Mountain Farms Chicken with Vidalia Onion–Tomato Pie
- Tiger Mountain Vineyards Petit Manseng 2014
- Intermezzo > Watermelon Sorbet
- Habersham Southern Harvest White Muscadine NV
- Milton’s Acre Summer Squash Casserole with Wood-Grilled Plantation Quail, Lipstick Pepper Romesco, Charred Scallion Oil, and Chorizo Bread Crumbs
- Cenita Vineyards and Winery Cabernet Franc 2013
- Registered Ossabaw Island Pork Bourguignonne with Georgia Mushrooms, Vidalia Onions, Carrots, and Blackberry and Vanilla–Marinated Fairytale Eggplant
- Frogtown Propaganda 2011
- Brown Butter–Pecan Cake with Smoked Peaches and Pecan Crisp
- Three Taverns Brewery Heavy Bell Bourbon Barrel–Aged Belgian-Style Quadrupel
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.