Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
The Art of Seafood, 7:00 P.M.
Mike Stollenwerk, 26 North, Philadelphia
Dubbed “Philly’s seafood Golden Boy” by Eater, Mike Stollenwerk first came on the scene with the lauded Fish and Little Fish. Now he’s back in the kitchen at his hotly anticipated new eatery, once again treating Philadelphia diners to modern cuisine focused on the very best catch of the day. He’s bringing his nautical know-how to the Beard House tonight with dishes like Tea-Smoked Salmon Roe with Turnips and Housemade Mascarpone; Herbed Gnocchi Parisienne with Lobster, English Peas, and Morels; and Alaskan Halibut with Roasted Lamb Belly, Fava Beans, Eggplant, Harissa, and Marinated Cucumbers.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Corn–Peekytoe Crab Fritters with Espelette Pepper
- Marinated Tuna on Chatinos
- Watermelon–Thai Chile Gazpacho with Grilled Shrimp
- Tea-Smoked Salmon Roe with Turnips and Housemade Mascarpone
- Domaine Barmès-Buecher Crémant d'Alsace 2013
- Fluke Crudo with Sea Beans, Radishes, and Lemon
- Domaines Minchin La Tour Saint-Martin Menetou-Salon 2013
- Herbed Gnocchi Parisienne with Lobster, English Peas, and Morels
- Domaine Magellan Grenache Roussanne Blanc 2014
- Day Boat Scallop with Castle Island Smokehouse Duck Breast, Parsley Root Purée, Pickled Mustard Seeds, and Shaved Asparagus
- Domaine de Robert Morgon Côte du Py 2014
- Alaskan Halibut with Roasted Lamb Belly, Fava Beans, Eggplant, Harissa, and Marinated Cucumbers
- Domaine Saint Amant Grangeneuve Beaumes de Venise 2013
- Pistachio Shortcake with Lemon Curd and Wild Berries
- Château Viella Moelleux Pacherenc Du Vic Bilh 2012
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.