Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at JBF.
Friends of James Beard Benefit / Berwyn, IL, 6:30 P.M.
Host Chefs Dan Pancake and Beth Partridge, Autre Monde, Berwyn, IL / Cameron Grant, Osteria Langhe, Chicago / Andrew Kerns, Autre Monde Café, Berwyn, IL / JBF Award Winner Tony Mantuano, Spiaggia, Chicago / Danny Mejia, MFK., Chicago / Dave Miller, Baker Miller, Chicago / Meghan Miller, Baker Miller, Chicago / Aldo Zaninotto, Osteria Langhe, Chicago
Join us for a Friends of James Beard Benefit in Berwyn, Illinois, as some of the top toques in the Chicago area come together for a one-night-only collaborative dinner.
Phoenix Chowdown, 7:00 P.M.
Sam Fox, Fox Restaurant Concepts, Phoenix / Brad Brunin, True Food Kitchen, Phoenix / Chris Curtiss, North Italia, Phoenix / Jason Frandsen, Flower Child, Phoenix / Chris Wolven, Culinary Dropout, Phoenix / Clint Woods, Little Cleo’s Seafood Legend, Phoenix / Pastry Chef Plinio Sandalio, The Henry, Phoenix
Restaurateur extraordinaire and perennial JBF Award semifinalist Sam Fox is renowned for his arsenal of Arizona eateries boasting smart designs and top-notch cuisine. Tonight his team is cooking the ultimate collaborative feast featuring a taste of his clever concepts and constantly evolving culinary ingenuity, with dishes such as Peekytoe Crab with Pickling Spice Aïoli and Chive Scapes on Brioche; Sonoma Lamb Belly with Artichoke Tartare, Pickled Ramps, Sprouted Grain Croustade, and Garden Blooms; and Wild Chinook Salmon with Smoked Quinoa, Green Garbanzo Beans, Corn, and Japanese Horseradish.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Sturgeon Bacon and Eggs > Quail Egg with Vivace Correct Caviar and Peppercress
- Crispy Thai Frogs’ Legs with Nam Pla Caramel, Fried Garlic, and Toasted Cashews
- Peekytoe Crab with Pickling Spice Aïoli and Chive Scapes on Brioche
- Jersey Corn Fritters with Pimento Cheese
- Champagne Pierre Gimonnet et Fils Cuvée Gastronome 1er Cru Brut 2009
- Sonoma Lamb Belly with Artichoke Tartare, Pickled Ramps, Sprouted Grain Croustade, and Garden Blooms
- Domaine Ott Clos Mirelle Côtes de Provence Rosé 2015
- Burnt Avocado with Fava Beans, White Asparagus, Miner’s Lettuce, Yuzu Kosho, and Bonito
- Hans Wirsching Iphöfer Kronsberg Silvaner Trocken 2014
- Wild Chinook Salmon with Smoked Quinoa, Green Garbanzo Beans, Corn, and Japanese Horseradish
- Dutton-Goldfield Dutton Ranch Russian River Valley Pinot Noir 2014
- Dry-Aged Flannery Beef with Sheep’s Milk Agnolotti, Oven-Dried Cherry Tomatoes, and Nettle Purée
- Clos Mogador Priorat 2012
- Coconut Rice Pudding with Pandan Ice Cream, Date Caramel, Mango Curd, and Cashew Cracker Jack
- Château Rieussec Grand Cru Classé 1855 Sauternes 2013
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.