What’s New with Food Waste?
The new #wastenot events we're cooking up across the countryEmily Rothkrug
January 16, 2019
2018 was an exciting year for food waste reduction at the James Beard Foundation. We launched a free online curriculum for culinary instructors, released a cookbook, and created a video series with Top Chef alum Tiffany Derry.
Our goals were to show both consumers and culinary professionals that reducing food waste could be creative, delicious, and fun, and to arm them with the tools to achieve change in their communities.
In 2019, we’re doubling down on our commitment to reducing food waste with a host of new events and in-person activations. Here’s where you can find us in the coming months:
- January 18: Full-Product Utilization webinar with Ana Caballero (register here)
- January 18: Waste Not Panel and Demo—Institute of Culinary Education, New York, NY (register here)
- February 26: Food Waste Culinary Lab for Instructors—Oregon Culinary Institute, Portland, OR (closed session)
- March 1: Food Waste Culinary Lab for Instructors—Florida International University, Miami (registration coming soon)
- May 6: Fourth Annual Food Recovery Forum—Las Vegas
- May 17: IACP 41st Annual Conference—Santa Fe
- June 20 to June 22: 15th Annual CAFÉ Leadership Conference—Charlotte, NC