7 Dishes You Won't Want to Miss in OctoberFrank Guerriero
September 09, 2019
Want to know what’s cooking in American restaurants right now? Just take a peek into the James Beard House kitchen, where dozens of chefs from all over the country come to cook each month. From Sweet Goat Milk Cheese Custard with Huckleberry Sponge Brittle, Tarragon–Mint Gelée, and Cream Soda Meringue to Lamb Neck Wellington with Romanesco, Za’atar, King Trumpet Mushrooms, and Barhi Date Jus to Tricolor Beet Salad with Candied Walnuts, Citrus, Almond Ricotta, and Frisée (pictured above), here are 7 mouthwatering dishes to eat at the Beard House in October:
- Sweet Goat Milk Cheese Custard with Huckleberry Sponge Brittle, Tarragon–Mint Gelée, and Cream Soda Meringue on October 1
- Lamb Neck Wellington with Romanesco, Za’atar, King Trumpet Mushrooms, and Barhi Date Jus on October 2
- The Arctic > Winter White Bavarois with Lingonberry Jam, Fireweed–Honey Crumb, and Wild Rose on October 3
- King Crab with Calvisius Oscietra Royal Caviar and Brown Butter on October 19
- Tricolor Beet Salad with Candied Walnuts, Citrus, Almond Ricotta, and Frisée on October 21
- Nashville Hot Fried Pheasant with Cajun Cheddar–Chive Waffles, Vinegar Slaw, High West Campfire Whiskey, and Housemade Sriracha Syrup on October 25
- Paté di Fegatini di Pollo con Fichi, Moscato, Crumble di Pan Brioche, e Salvia > Chicken Liver Pâté with Figs, Moscato, Brioche Crumble, and Sage on October 26
To view all upcoming Beard House dinners and book your seat, check out our events calendar.
Frank Guerriero is the media assistant at the Beard Foundation. Find him on Instagram.