Eat-Q Test: The Farm Bill
Test your knowledge of the Farm Bill and the agriculture industry with this Eat-Q quiz from the October/November 2012 issue of JBF Notes.
1. Which of the following is not one of the top five commodity crops that receive subsidies through the Farm Bill?
2. Which of the following crops does not qualify as specialty produce according to the Farm Bill?
E. None of the above
3. True or false: Thirteen million more acres of farmland would be required to produce enough fruit and vegetables for the daily diets of all Americans to meet USDA guidelines.
4. True or false: The majority of the Farm Bill is designated for agricultural appropriations.
5. Roughly how many Americans identify themselves as farmers, according to recent Census data?
6. How much of the nation’s total land area is controlled by farmers?
7. Over the last 25 years, the nation has lost roughly how many acres of farmland to development?
A. 10 million
B. 20 million
C. 30 million
D. All of it
8. True or false: Since 1995, 10% of all farmers have received 74% of all subsidies:
9. True or false: Over 60% of farmers in the US do not collect subsidy payments: