The James Beard House Fellows Program Presented by Capital One®
For decades, cooking at the James Beard House has been an aspiration for many chefs and considered a career milestone. In May of 2021, we launched the Beard House Fellows program presented by Capital One, which re-envisions the potential of this historic space into a hub of training and professional development for talented emerging chefs.
Learn more about our May Fellow, Nicole Merino.
Learn more about our June Fellow, Mimi Chen.
Each Fellow will have a one-month residence at the Beard House where JBF will provide hard skills training in:
- Financial and small business advice provided by Capital One
- Legal advice from Arnold and Porter
- Media training and personal branding development with publicist Valerie Wilson
- Wine knowledge with Tahiirah Habibi of Hue Society
- Social media training with the Talented Tenth Collective
- Food policy and advocacy training by the JBF Impact team
- Leadership assessment and training
- Develop a meal kit in collaboration with Great Performances which will be available to everyone across the country and conclude with a live virtual event at the James Beard House
- Monti Carlo, Owner, Island Girl Cooks
- Irene Li, Co-Founder and Program Manager, Mei Mei Restaurant and CommonWealth Kitchen
- Mavis-Jay Sanders, Co-Founder, COO, and Director of Culinary Development & Education, Food Plus People and Drive Change
- Alexander Smalls, Chef, Restaurateur, Author, and Food Activist, Alexander Smalls & Company, LLC
- Deborah VanTrece, Creative Director, Author, Owner, Twisted Soul Cookhouse & Pours
For more information about the Beard House Fellows Program, contact for email@example.com.