The James Beard House Fellows Program Presented by Capital One
For decades, cooking at the James Beard House has been an aspiration for many chefs and has been considered a career milestone. In May of 2021, we launched the Beard House Fellows program presented by Capital One, which re-envisions the potential of this historic space into a hub of training and professional development for talented emerging chefs.
Each Fellow has a ten-week residence at the Beard House and receives training in:
- Financial and small business advice provided by Capital One
- Legal Advice
- Media training and personal branding development with publicist Valerie Wilson
- Social media training with the Talented Tenth Collective
- Food policy and advocacy training by the JBF Programs team
- Leadership assessment and training
- Monti Carlo, Owner, Island Girl Cooks
- Irene Li, Co-Founder and Program Manager, Mei Mei Restaurant and CommonWealth Kitchen
- Mavis-Jay Sanders, A Sanders Thing
- Alexander Smalls, Chef, Restaurateur, Author, and Food Activist, Alexander Smalls & Company, LLC
- Deborah VanTrece, Creative Director, Author, Owner, Twisted Soul Cookhouse & Pours
For more information about the Beard House Fellows Program, contact for email@example.com.