By Mattia Casalegno
A Virtual and Augmented Reality Art and Dining Experience in Seven Courses
In partnership with Roni Mazumdar and Chintan Pandya of Rahi and Adda Restaurants
Presented by The James Beard Foundation
Narrated by Gail Simmons
After critically acclaimed shows in China and South Korea, Aerobanquets RMX will have its US debut at the James Beard House. Inspired by the Futurist Cookbook, the (in)famous Italian compendium of surreal recipes and fantastical dinners published in 1932, the experience takes participants on a multi-sensory journey that combines virtual reality, food, and fantasy—a seven-course, hour-long, mind-altering art and dining experience.
“The project is about reframing our perceptions and changing the way we experience food. It is not only a lifechanging experience, but, in a sense, a tool to reprogram all our perceptive expectations." —Sarah Corona, Wall Street Magazine (2018)
Tickets: $125 per person
Very limited engagement. Advanced tickets must be purchased to attend. No walk-ins accepted.
This unique installation is made possible with the generous support of San Pellegrino Natural Sparkling Mineral Water, the Elkes Family Foundation, and Meryl Rosofsky and Stuart Coleman.
The Fine Print
- Tickets are available for purchase for specific one-hour time slots, for up to four people at a time. Once purchased, these times are not negotiable, cannot be changed, and no cancellations are possible.
- If you purchase fewer than a block of four tickets, you will likely be seated with and participate in this VR dining experience with strangers.
- Timing is crucial for this experience, and all participants for any time slot must be present and begin at the same time. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated. If you arrive late, you may be able to join a subsequent iteration of the experience that day, subject to the discretion of the host on duty, but there is not guarantee that such stand-bys can be accommodated.
- This experience includes the ingestion of food. There are three menu options available: 1.) Standard Menu, 2.) Vegan Menu, and 3.) Nut, Seed and Gluten Free Menu. No other dietary restrictions, aversions, or preferences can be accommodated. Menu selection must be made at the time of the purchase of the tickets and cannot be changed less than 48 hours before the date and time of your ticket.
- This art work/experience is installed on the fourth floor of the James Beard House, an 1840s townhouse without an elevator. The experience requires climbing four flights of stairs. There is no wheelchair access for this experience.
- This is a virtual reality (VR) experience that requires wearing VR head-gear and other technology for the duration, a minimum of 30 minutes. If you cannot tolerate the headgear you will not be able to partake in the experience.
There are no cancellations. Late arrivals will not be accommodated. On the off chance that a late arrival can be accommodated in a subsequent time slot on the same day on a stand-by basis, that call will be made at the discretion of the host on duty.