Due to health and safety concerns and considerations regarding limiting the travel of the chef teams who come to cook at the James Beard House and the communities they return to, we have decided to postpone all scheduled James Beard House dinners until further notice.
The well-being of our chef community, members, and guests is our highest priority, and we are working with the chefs on rescheduling the dinners.
Private Dining at the James Beard House
Whether you’re entertaining clients or having a special gathering for friends and family, the James Beard Foundation’s private boardroom is a unique and memorable venue for entertaining. A group dinner in this elegant dining space, located on the fourth floor of the James Beard House in New York City’s Greenwich Village, includes a multicourse tasting prepared by a renowned chef, exceptional wine pairings, and a team of professional waitstaff. And since the menu and price are established in advance, you won’t go beyond your budget. Let us take care of the details while your party of up to 12 guests savors this singular epicurean experience.
- Meeting the chef and team from a nationally celebrated restaurant.
- An intimate reception hour with hors d’oeuvre and Champagne, wines, or other specialty beverages, served in the privacy of the boardroom overlooking the Beard House garden.
- A special five- to seven-course tasting menu, with wine pairings for each course that are carefully chosen by the featured chef or restaurant’s sommelier. (If you prefer to bring your own selection of wine, there is no corkage fee.)
- You and your guests will be served by our courteous and experienced waitstaff.
- At the end of the evening, the featured chef will visit your party and answer any questions you might have about the meal.
Reserving the Boardroom
View our events calendar for details about some of the incredible dining experiences we have in store. (The boardroom can only be booked on days when an event is taking place.)
Our private boardroom is available to JBF members and the general public. JBF Associate members and above enjoy special rates for our boardroom. JBF Corporate members receive an exclusive discounted rate and an even deeper discount if three or more bookings are made within a year. Prices are all-inclusive.
Boardroom Rates (for dinner with up to 12 guests):
For more information about reserving the boardroom, please contact Mirela Mujovic at 212.627.2308 or at email@example.com. Our complete reservations policy can be found here.
For information about renting the entire James Beard House for a private event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Allergy Disclaimer
Our visiting chefs only bring the ingredients that they need to prepare their planned menu; sometimes these ingredients are prepared in advance and in their own restaurants. Potential diners with food allergies should be aware of this risk.
Any food allergy alerts for your party must be made upon booking your reservation or no later than 10 days prior to the event. Our staff will contact the chef, who will then determine if it’s possible to adjust the event’s menu or create other options for those with allergies. We will then notify you about possible modifications. Chefs are unable to accommodate requests made later than 10 days prior to the event.