America Cooks with Chefs Announces Healthy Cooking Competition Contestants
JBF EditorsJBF Editors
November 05, 2014
American Cooks with Chefs, the healthy cooking initiative launched by the Clinton Foundation in partnership with JBF, has revealed the six contestants who will pair up with James Beard Award–winning chefs to create the ultimate healthy and delicious dish.
The contestants will meet their chef collaborators at Kitchen Camps, where they’ll “make-under” their favorite decadent dish into a nutritious meal. The ultimate test comes at the Clinton Health Matters Conference in January 2015, where the contestants will compete in a Live Cooking Challenge.
Here are the contestants and their JBF Award-winning chef mentors:
- Jonathan Saturay (NYC) will be paired with chef Maria Hines (Seattle)
- Vinita Lark Williams (Los Angeles) will be paired with chef Mary Sue Milliken (Los Angeles)
- Kathy Partak (Auburn, California) will be paired with chef Naomi Pomeroy (Portland, Oregon)
- Jordan Kennedy (Alexandria, VA) will be paired with chef Jimmy Schmidt (La Quinta, CA)
- Victoria Phillips (Lake Forest, IL) will be paired with chef Tony Mantuano (Chicago)
- Michel Angelo Gonzalez (Miami) will be paired with chef Michelle Bernstein (Miami)
Viewers can follow the contestants’ progress starting in December through the America Cooks with Chefs original video series by Ora.Tv.
The initiative is an effort among Palisades Media Ventures, the Clinton Foundation, the James Beard Foundation, and Good Housekeeping and is sponsored by Deloitte, Weight Watchers, Barilla, the Mayo Clinic, and Aetna.