The James Beard Foundation is pleased to announce that tickets for the fifth anniversary year of the Taste America® national culinary tour are now on sale! The cross-country program will heat up this fall in ten dynamic culinary destinations including Austin, Boston, Chicago, Kansas City, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Seattle.
Taste America Honorary All-Star Thomas Keller* will officially kick off the gastronomic tour, which brings together celebrated chefs and fervent foodies for a series of delicious events, in New York City on August 2 with an invitation-only reception at the James Beard House.
From September 22 to November 11, each city’s weekend-long program will feature a one-of-a-kind benefit dinner, called A Night of Culinary Stars, prepared by a traveling Taste America All-Star, a Local Star chef and a pastry chef. The Taste America programming will also include free in-store consumer events at select Sur La Table® locations, featuring celebrity chef appearances, cooking demonstrations, book signings, tastings from local producers and artisans, and more.
Below is the 2017 Taste America program calendar:
- Sept. 22-23
- Phoenix: All-Star Traci Des Jardins*; Local Star Nobuo Fukuda*
- Oct. 6-7
- Los Angeles: All-Star Barbara Lynch*; Local Star Michael Cimarusti**
- New Orleans: All-Star (to be announced soon); Local Star Rebecca Wilcomb*
- Oct. 13-14
- Philadelphia: All-Star Marc Murphy*; Local Star Greg Vernick*
- Seattle: All-Star (to be announced soon); Local Star Matt Dillon*
- Oct. 27-28
- Chicago: All-Star Michael Voltaggio; Local Star Stephanie Izard*
- San Francisco: All-Star Hugh Acheson*; Local Stars Stuart Brioza* & Nicole Krasinski*
- Nov. 3-4
- Austin: All-Star Ludo Lefebvre**; Local Star Tyson Cole*
- Boston: All-Star Daniel Boulud*; Local Star Karen Akunowicz**
- Nov. 10-11
- Kansas City: All-Star Tony Mantuano*; Local Star Debbie Gold*
*Notes James Beard Award Winner
**Notes James Beard Award Nominee
The James Beard Foundation’s Taste America 2017 is made possible by the generosity of our sponsors and partners, including supporting sponsors Blue Circle Foods®, Breville®, Kerrygold, Sodexo, TABASCO®, and Windstar Cruises; retail partner Sur La Table®; national media/marketing partners The Daily Meal®, Destinations International and Off Duty / The Wall Street Journal; and founding partner Bowen & Company. Additional support is provided by Chefwear, Hansgrohe, and VerTerra Dinnerware.
For more information on JBF’s Fifth Anniversary Taste America culinary tour, please visit jamesbeard.org/tasteamerica.
Read the full press release here.