The James Beard Foundation’s Taste America® national tour begins this weekend! If you live in or near Boston; Charleston; Chicago; Kansas City; Los Angeles; New Orleans; Phoenix; Portland, OR; San Francisco; or the Twin Cities, this is your chance to see what the James Beard Foundation is all about. This year's tour, with award-winning chefs along for the ride, will touch down in those ten cities over the course of six weekends. Tickets are now on sale for this series of one-of-a-kind events, which feature exclusive chef collaborations that only JBF can assemble, such as Missy Robbins and Jimmy Bannos, Jr. in Chicago, or John Besh and Ana Sortun in Boston.
Each city’s weekend-long itinerary will feature a one-of-a-kind multicourse dinner prepared by two headliners, a Taste America All-Star and Local Star chef, as well as an opening reception featuring local talent. These events will benefit the Foundation’s Taste America Scholarship Fund. You can see full city lineups and reserve seats on the official Taste America website.
Tour stops will also include free in-store events at select Sur La Table® locations, featuring celebrity chef appearances, cooking demos, book signings, tastings from local producers and artisans, and more. Reservations for in-store events can also be made on the Taste America site.
Check out the full 2016 Taste America calendar below and see which chefs are coming to a city near you:
- Sept. 23-24: Los Angeles, featuring All-Star Scott Conant and Local Star Curtis Stone
- Sept. 22-24: Phoenix, featuring All-Star Amanda Freitag and Local Star Christopher Goss
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1: Kansas City, featuring All-Star Gavin Kaysen and Local Star Colby Garrelts
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1: New Orleans, featuring All-Star Alex Guarnaschelli and Local Star Justin Devillier
- Oct. 14-15: Chicago, featuring All-Star Missy Robbins and Local Star Jimmy Bannos, Jr.
- Oct. 21-22: Portland, OR, featuring All-Star Stephanie Izard and Local Star Greg Higgins
- Oct. 28-29: Twin Cities, featuring All-Star Jose Garces and Local Star Thomas Boemer
- Oct. 28-29: Boston, featuring All-Star John Besh and Local Star Ana Sortun
- Nov. 4-5: Charleston, featuring All-Star Dan Barber and Local Star Sean Brock
- Nov. 4-5: San Francisco, featuring All-Star Anita Lo and Local Star Charles Phan
For tickets and more details, visit jbftasteamerica.org.
James Beard Foundation's Taste America® is sponsored by New Orleans Tourism, Breville®, Norwegian Seafood Council, Sodexo, Stacy’s® Snacks, and TABASCO®; and in partnership with SAVEUR, The Daily Meal, and Sur La Table.