Here’s a taste of what’s on tap this weekend at the Beard House.
Friday, May 6, 2016
Sip and Savor the Finger Lakes, 7:00 P.M.
Debra Bermingham and Kim Engle, Bloomer Creek Vineyard, Hector, NY / Daňo Hutnik, Dano's Heuriger on Seneca, Lodi, NY / Shaina Loew, Prune, NYC / Justin Paterson and Matt Kelly, Hazelnut Kitchen, Trumansburg, NY
New York State’s picturesque Finger Lakes region beckons travelers and oenophiles with its extraordinary beauty and award-winning wineries. For this Beard House dinner, a group of local and Big Apple chefs will collaborate on late-spring menu paired with critically acclaimed wines from Bloomer Creek Vineyard, featuring stunning dishes like Endive with Red Wine–Poached Pears, Dano’s Goat’s Milk Blue Cheese, and House-Smoked Bacon; Ricotta Gnudi with Rabbit Sugo, Parsley Root Purée, Asparagus, and Roasted Wild Mushrooms; and Braised Lamb Shoulder with Carrot Grits, Baby Turnips, Baby Carrots, Red Wine Jus, Mint, and Salsa Verde.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Hudson Valley Foie Gras–Duck Sausages with Homemade Mustard and Chutney
- Endive with Red Wine–Poached Pears, Dano’s Goat’s Milk Blue Cheese, and House-Smoked Bacon
- Pastrami Galantine with Sauerkraut, Pickled Spring Vegetables, Thousand Island Dressing, and Rye Bread Crumbs
- Crab Salad with Apple Gazpacho and Pickled Ramps
- Deviled Bluefish Toasts with Pickled Mussels
- Cauliflower Soup with Ham and Almonds
- BLOOMER CREEK VINEYARD SEKT NV
- Bread Service > Wide Awake Bakery Bread and Potato Rolls with House-Churned Pickled Ramp Butter
- Strudel di Baccalà with Chickpeas, Red Pepper Paste, and Ginger, Garlic, and White Wine Sauce
- BLOOMER CREEK VINEYARD TANZEN DAME FINGER LAKES RIESLING MOREHOUSE ROAD VINEYARD SECOND HARVEST 2010
- Ricotta Gnudi with Rabbit Sugo, Parsley Root Purée, Asparagus, and Roasted Wild Mushrooms
- BLOOMER CREEK VINEYARD TANZEN DAME DRY RIESLING AUTEN VINEYARD CLONE 10 2013
- Braised Monkfish with Charred Onions and Crispy Chicken Skin
- BLOOMER CREEK VINEYARD CABERNET FRANC 2010
- Braised Lamb Shoulder with Carrot Grits, Baby Turnips, Baby Carrots, Red Wine Jus, Mint, and Salsa Verde
- BLOOMER CREEK VINEYARD WHITE HORSE RED 2007
- Rice Pudding with Barberries, Cherry Compote, and Hazelnut Cookies
- BLOOMER CREEK VINEYARD TANZEN DAME FINGER LAKES GEWÜRZTRAMINER 2012
Can't make it to the Beard House? Get Finger Lakes dining recs in our q&a with the chefs.
Saturday, May 7, 2016
Friends of James Beard Benefit / Third Annual Fish to Fork / Amelia Island, FL, 6:00 P.M.
Host Chef Daven Wardynski, Omni Amelia Island Plantation, Amelia Island, FL / Kathleen Blake, The Rusty Spoon, Orlando, FL / Craig Deihl, Cypress, Charleston, SC / Kenny Gilbert, Gilbert’s Underground Kitchen, Fernandina Beach, FL / Jeremy Sewall, Lineage, Island Creek Oyster Bar, and Row 34, Boston / Joey Ward, Gunshow, Atlanta / Cesar Zapata, The Federal Food, Drinks, and Provisions, Miami
Join us for a Floridian feast from local and regional top toques. This one-night-only collaborative meal includes bites by Cesar Zapata of Miami hot spot the Federal Food, Drink & Provisions, as well as Beard House vets Kathleen Blake and Jeremy Sewall.
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.