The 5th Annual Blended Burger Project™
Now is the time to make a difference through delicious food we create. There are more opportunities than ever to be recognized for making a sustainable difference on your menus. For the last four years, chefs across the country have joined The Blended Burger Project™, a movement that strives to make the iconic burger even better for your customers and for the planet by blending at least 25% fresh mushrooms into your burgers.
- Guests are looking for more plant-forward options
- Drive traffic and get noticed with publicity opportunities
- Create a craveable take on the iconic burger that customers will love
- Be a part of James Beard Foundation’s growing movement to build more sustainable menus
- Enter for an opportunity to cook at the historic James Beard House.
- In honor of the Blended Burger Project's 5th year, each winning chef will be awarded $5,000!
Here’s how to enter:
1. Develop a blended burger that consists of at least 25% fresh mushrooms. (Choose any ground protein and any fresh, cultivated mushroom with your favorite toppings.)
2. Feature it on your menu from May 27 through July 31, 2019 and promote it to your guests.
3. Submit your restaurant details here.
4. Upload your image here to complete your entry.
The Blended Burger Project™ is developed by the James Beard Foundation with support from the Mushroom Council. See Official Contest Rules for details including eligibility, judging criteria, and voting requirements. Ends on July 31, 2019.
To learn more about the JBF Impact Programs and our commitment to establishing a more sustainable food system, sign up for the JBF Impact newsletter.
For more information, please contact Sarah Drew at email@example.com.