Want to know what’s cooking in American restaurants right now? Just take a peek into the James Beard House kitchen, where dozens of chefs from all over the country come to cook each month. From Jerk Lamb Ribs with Puffed Sorghum and Peach Gastrique to Wood-Grilled King Crab with Lovage and Squash Blossoms to Shrimp-and-Grits Arancini (pictured above), here are six mouthwatering dishes to eat at the Beard House in August:
- Mississippi-Style Smoked Wagyu Beef Brisket with Quail Egg, Okra, and Tomato Gravy on Buttermilk Biscuits on August 2
- Heirloom Tomato Tarte Tatin on August 7
- Jerk Lamb Ribs with Puffed Sorghum, Cilantro, and Peach Gastrique on August 8
- Shrimp-and-Grits Arancini with House-Cured Bacon, Georgia Shrimp, and Tomatoes on August 9
- Wood-Grilled King Crab with Tomato, Lovage, and Squash Blossoms on August 15
- Smoked Foie Gras Pastrami on August 21
To view all upcoming Beard House dinners and book your seat, check out our events calendar.