Here’s a taste of what’s on tap this weekend at the Beard House and around the country.
Saturday, May 14
New Rocky Mountain Cuisine, 7:00 P.M.
Brian Vaughn, bistro c.v. and LOW Country Kitchen, Steamboat Springs, CO
Norman Van Aken protégé and Kentucky native Brian Vaughn blends modern technique with Southern heritage at his two intimate restaurants in Colorado ski mecca Steamboat Springs. On Saturday Vaughn will prepare a stunning showcase of local and seasonal ingredients straight from the Rockies, featuring plates like Buxton Boats Peekytoe Crab with Cucumber Tartare, Dill, and Smoked Vinaigrette; Smoked Brook Trout Roe with Ramps, Morels, Butcherknife Brewing Company Morningside Coffee Porter Gelée, Crème Fraîche, and Mountain Hops; and Halcyon Farm Rose Veal with Cipollini, Elkstone Farm Asparagus, Wild Sweet Anise, and Housemade H-1 Steak Sauce.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Smoked Bone Marrow with Pickled Ramps and Morel Mushroom Jam on Brioche
- Chicken Liver Pâté with Porter Mustard, Red Onions, and Pickled Fennel
- Buxton Boats Peekytoe Crab with Cucumber Tartare, Dill, and Smoked Vinaigrette
- Yellowtail Crudo with Chickpeas, Spruce Yogurt, and Glacier Lily
- SZIGETI SPARKLING GRÜNER VELTLINER BRUT NV
- Flat Tops Wilderness Lamb Tartare with Charred Yogurt, Cured-and-Deviled Egg, and Spring Herbs and Flowers on Brioche
- DOMAINE ZIND HUMBRECHT RIESLING 2013
- Smoked Brook Trout Roe with Ramps, Morels, Butcherknife Brewing Company Morningside Coffee Porter Gelée, Crème Fraîche, and Mountain Hops
- DOMAINE ROUX PÈRE & FILS VIEILLES VIGNES MEURSAULT 2011
- Yampa Valley Farms Pork Duo with Heirloom Hydroponic Tomatoes, Moon Hill Dairy Ricotta, Herb Purée, and Arugula
- CASTELLO DI AMA SAN LORENZO CHIANTI CLASSICO GRAN SELEZIONE 2011
- Halcyon Farm Rose Veal with Cipollini, Elkstone Farm Asparagus, Wild Sweet Anise, and Housemade H-1 Steak Sauce
- SAINT HELENA WINERY SYMPA RESERVE ESTATE CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2011
- Earl Grey Custard with Frozen Mountain Huckleberries, White Chocolate, Mint, and Anise
- MAS AMIEL MILLÉSIME 1985
Sunday, May 15
Friends of James Beard Benefit / Raleigh, NC, 6:30 P.M.
Host Chef JBF Award Winner Ashley Christensen, Beasley’s Chicken + Honey, Bridge Club, Chuck’s, Death & Taxes, Fox Liquor Bar, Joule Coffee & Table, and Poole’s Downtown Diner, Raleigh, NC / JBF Award Winner Sean Brock, Husk Restaurant, Charleston, SC, and Nashville; McCrady’s, Charleston, SC; and Minero’s, Atlanta and Charleston, SC / JBF Award Winner Mike Lata, FIG and the Ordinary, Charleston, SC / JBF Award Winner Andrea Reusing, Lantern Restaurant, Chapel Hill, NC / JBF Award Winner Jason Stanhope, FIG, Charleston, SC
Join us for a exclusive collaborative meal from across the Carolinas as a top-notch team of JBF Award winners come together for a slam-dunk Southern supper.
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.