On the Menu: Lamb Carpaccio + Rabbit EmpanadasMaggie Borden
August 02, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Summer in Rhode Island, 7:00 P.M.
Richard Allaire, Metacom Kitchen, Warren, RI / Christopher Bender, Stoneacre Pantry, Newport, RI / David Crowell, Stoneacre Pantry, Newport, RI / Julio Lazzarini and Jennifer Behm-Lazzarini, Red Fin Crudo, Providence / Benjamin Lloyd, The Salted Slate, Providence / Nick Rabar, Avenue N American Kitchen, Rumford, RI / Beverage Consultant Michael Lester, M.S. Walker Rhode Island, Warren, RI / Bar Manager Tyler Schweppe, The Dorrance, Providence
Seaside Rhode Island may be the smallest of the 50 states, but it boasts an ever-growing food scene that’s garnering national attention and praise. We’ve tapped the Ocean State’s most buzzed-about chefs to showcase the local farms and purveyors that define its unique culinary identity. Expect seasonal plates such as Wild Nettle Johnnycakes with Ricotta and Smoked Trout Roe; Braised Rabbit Empanadas with Blackberry Marmalade and Sorrel; and Wild Boar Tenderloin with Whelk Fritters, Yellow Carrot Purée, Pickled Vegetables, and Ramp Chimichurri.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Wild Nettle Johnnycakes with Ricotta and Smoked Trout Roe
- Walrus and Carpenter Oysters with Lime Leaf–Vodka Mignonette
- Braised Rabbit Empanadas with Blackberry Marmalade and Sorrel
- Buttermilk-Fried Sweetbreads with White Corn Waffles, Rhode Island Maple Syrup, and Smoked Pecan Gravy
- Up-N-Cumber Spoons > Crop Organic Cucumber Vodka with St. Elder Natural Elderflower Liqueur, Lime, and Regatta Ginger Beer
- Miniature Kentucky Campfires > Mellow Corn Bottled-in-Bond Corn Whiskey with Cinnamon Syrup, Lemon, Orange, The Bitter Truth Jerry Thomas' Bitters, Tonic, and Laphroaig Single Malt Whisky Mist
- Trediberri Langhe Rosato 2015
- Roasted Sea Scallop–Sweet Corn Soup with Brown Beech Mushrooms and Tarragon
- Champagne Bochet-Lemoine Cuvée Les Grimprés NV
- Point Judith Lobster with Cauliflower, Black Garlic, Eggplant, Curry, and Puffed Quinoa
- Melsheimer Reiler Mullay-Hofberg Riesling Kabinett 2012
- Dry-Aged Lamb Carpaccio with Sunflower Gremolata, Smoked Mushroom Consommé, Petals, Sprouts, and Buds
- Cottanera Barbazzale Etna Rosso 2014
- Wild Boar Tenderloin with Whelk Fritters, Yellow Carrot Purée, Pickled Vegetables, and Ramp Chimichurri
- Júlio Bastos Dona Maria Grande Reserva Red 2011
- Yaya Carrot–Cream Cheese Churros with Honey–Pistachio Gelato, Fennel Crème Anglaise, and Coriander Biscotti
- Mád Late Harvest Furmint 2012
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.