On the Menu: Alon Shaya's Foie Gras with Toasted ChallahMaggie Borden
July 07, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
New Orleans Hot Spot, 7:00 P.M.
Alon Shaya, Shaya, New Orleans
The phrase “New Orleans cuisine” may not conjure visions of hummus with harissa and lamb ragù in lieu of classic Creole fare. Yet some of the city’s most coveted tables are at Alon Shaya’s eponymous eatery, where he blends the indigenous flavors of Israel with Louisiana culinary traditions—garnering widespread acclaim, including our 2016 medallion for Best New Restaurant. Get a taste of his lauded fare tonight with dishes like Crispy Duck Bisteeya; Hummus with Lamb Ragù, Harissa, and Crispy Garbanzo Beans; and Foie Gras with Toasted Challah, Rose Tahini, and Carob Molasses.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Scallop Crudo with Tahini and Cucumbers
- Crispy Duck Bisteeya
- Kibbeh Nayeh–Stuffed Figs
- Crispy Saffron Rice with Quail Eggs and Olive Tapenade
- Ca' del Bosco Franciacorta Cuvée Prestige NV
- Bread Service > Grilled Laffa with Za’atar Oil
- Hummus with Lamb Ragù, Harissa, and Crispy Garbanzo Beans
- Shvo Vineyards Upper Galilee Chenin Blanc 2011
- Foie Gras with Toasted Challah, Rose Tahini, and Carob Molasses
- Royal Tokaji 5 Puttonyos Aszú 2008
- Roasted Cabbage with Muhammara and Hazelnuts
- Pelter Sauvignon Blanc 2013
- Beef Short Ribs with Couscous, Black Tea Honey, and Dukkah
- Kadita Cabernet-Merlot 2008
- Chocolate Babka with Halva Gelato and Poppy Seeds
- The Rare Wine Co. Historic Series New York Malmsey Special Reserve Madeira NV
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.