On the Menu: Maple & Ash's King Crab with Sea UrchinMaggie Borden
June 28, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Posh Steakhouse, 7:00 P.M.
Danny Grant and Wine Director Belinda Chang, Maple & Ash, Chicago
At Maple & Ash, the opulent new Chicago steakhouse from Danny Grant and Belinda Chang, chophouse classics are reinterpreted for the modern era. Luxury is balanced with a sense of whimsy, as dishes with irreverent titles (think: “amuse booze”) deliver flavor-packed bites of unquestionable mastery. Beard House diners will taste playful plates like The M&A Swarm of Snacks; Pasta with a Chance of Truffle Rain; and Mom’s Sundae Tower.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Fire-Roasted Fruits de Mer > Scallops, Langoustines, Oysters, Prawns, Razor Clams, Squid, and Octopus
- Fire-Roasted Fruits de la Terra > Sweet Peppers, Eggplant, Ham, Artichokes, and Summer Squash
- Shot Luge with Champagne Kir Royale
- Amuse Bouche > The M&A Swarm of Snacks
- Tomato Tamato > Bacon with Corn, Oysternaise, and Buttered Brioche
- Caviar Bump > King Crab with Sea Urchin and Smoked Crème Fraîche
- Pasta with a Chance of Truffle Rain > Housemade Ricotta Agnolotti with Trumpet Mushrooms and Black Truffle Conserve
- East vs. West Steak Throwdown > 38-Day Dry-Aged Beef Spinalis and A5 Wagyu
- Serenity Now > Mom’s Sundae Tower
- Wine pairings generously provided by Belinda Chang will be served with this dinner.
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.