7 Standout September DishesElena North-Kelly
August 13, 2018
Want to know what’s cooking in American restaurants right now? Just take a peek into the James Beard House kitchen, where dozens of chefs from all over the country come to cook each month. From Butter Chicken Croquettes with Crispy Chicken Skin and Chutney to Smoked Sea Scallops with Late-Summer Tomatoes and Whiskey-Whipped Butter to Sweet Corn–Ricotta Tortelloni with Chanterelles and Thyme (pictured above), here are 7 mouthwatering dishes to eat at the Beard House in September:
- Duck Fois Gras Tempura with Port Wine Reduction on September 6
- Smoked Virginia Sea Scallops with Late-Summer Tomatoes, Corn, and Whiskey-Whipped Butter on September 7
- Texas Twinkies: Brisket and Cream Cheese–Stuffed Peppers on September 14
- Grilled Figs with Goat’s Milk Ricotta and Honeycomb on September 20
- Whole-Roasted Stuffed Branzino with Spinach, Garlic, and Chile Nage on September 21
- Sweet Corn–Ricotta Tortelloni with Chanterelles and Thyme on September 22
- Butter Chicken Croquettes with Crispy Chicken Skin and Chutney on September 25
To view all upcoming Beard House dinners and book your seat, check out our events calendar.
Elena North-Kelly is director of content and communications at the James Beard Foundation. Find her on Twitter and Instagram.