On the Menu: Kindred's Plum Tartines with Country HamMaggie Borden
June 27, 2016
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap today at the Beard House.
Inventive Southern, 7:00 P.M.
Joe Kindred and Katy Kindred, Kindred, Davidson, NC
Globe-trotting husband-and-wife duo Joe and Katy Kindred put down roots in a quiet pocket of North Carolina to open their own restaurant, which recently landed on Bon Appétit’s coveted Hot 10 list. Tonight the Kindreds present a taste of the their unique perspective on contemporary Southern cuisine with an early-summer menu that’s equal parts rustic and sophisticated, featuring pan-global plates like Plum Tartines with Country Ham and Olio Nuovo; Lamb Crudo with Katsuobushi, Celery Leaves, and Calabrian Chiles; and Campanelle with White Miso, Egg Yolk, and Summer Truffles.
See the full menu below:
- Hors d’Oeuvre
- Crispy Oysters with Green Garlic–Dill Yogurt
- Flounder Crudo with North Carolina Mountain Trout Roe and Carrots
- Plum Tartines with Country Ham and Olio Nuovo
- Domaine Mittnacht Freres Cremant Vin d'Alsace NV
- Bread Service > Milk Bread with House-Cultured North Carolina Jersey Milk Butter
- Stracciatella with Sugar Snap Peas, Tomato Leaf Oil, Lemon, and Radishes
- Kerner Stiftskellerei Neustift Abbazia di Novacella 2015
- Lamb Crudo with Katsuobushi, Celery Leaves, and Calabrian Chiles
- Schloss Gobelsburg Gobelsburger Riesling 2015
- Conchiglie al Nero with Blue Crab and Sea Urchin
- Cantine del Taburno Falanghina 2014
- Campanelle with White Miso, Egg Yolk, and Summer Truffles
- Petit Chapeau Mâcon-Villages 2014
- Buttermilk-Fried Rabbit Leg with Almond Milk, Green Coriander Pistou, and Scuppernong Grape Verjus
- Darting Spätburgunder Trocken 2013
- Blackberry Crostata with Buttermilk Gelato and Pink Peppercorns
- Emilio Lustau Oloroso Sherry NV
For all upcoming Beard House dinners, check out our events calendar.