Grilled Yellowfin Tuna with Baby Beet Salad and Humboldt Fog
This grilled tuna dish from Lidia Bastianich is a delicious and filling option for non-meat eaters.
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Grana Padano
- 1/3 cup chopped thyme
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pinch salt
- One 4-pound yellowfin tuna loin
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups roasted baby beets, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Baby mesclun or other baby greens
- 6 ounces crumbled Humboldt Fog
In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Grana Padano, chopped herbs, garlic, lemon zest, orange zest, and salt. Mix well.
In another large mixing bowl, add the tuna loin and cover with the extra virgin olive oil. Turn the tuna to completely coat it with the oil. Let marinate for about 15 minutes.
In another large mixing bowl, combine the cooked beets, salt, white balsamic vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil; toss gently to combine. Set aside.